Moving in, moving out: what do I do?

To have the electrical service at the address you are moving into transferred into your name, to have your account transferred from your existing location to the new location, or to close your account call a Nelson Hydro Customer Service Representative at 250-352-8206 Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or you can come directly to City Hall, or you can start the process online.

If terminating an account, please allow three working days' notice in advance of the date you want the service to cease. If the termination of service needs to involve removing electrical lines from a mobile home or building, please advise Nelson Hydro (the process may take longer).

Please note: An account is automatically terminated when an application for a new account is received from a new customer for that address. The registered customer is liable for all outstanding charges until the account is terminated. For more information, please call 250-352-8206.

Show All Answers

1. Moving in, moving out: what do I do?
2. How much advance notice do I need to open, close or transfer an account?
3. New house construction or electrical service upgrade: where do I start?
4. How often am I billed, and how do I pay?
5. What causes power outages, and will I be notified?
6. What do I do if the power goes out?
7. What do I need to know about trees, branches, and power?
8. Electrical emergency and safety: what should I know?
9. I want to locate the buried wires and electrical cables on my property. What should I do?
10. What should I do if I damaged an electrical cable while I was working in my yard?