Get Vaccinated Nelson
2021 VAX & RELAX CONTEST
for Nelson Local Health Area
Getting vaccinated means getting back to relaxing with friends and family, attending concerts & outdoor events, travelling and so much more!
Enter for a chance to win local prizes (totalling $5,000 in value): Whitewater Season Ski Pass, Kokanee Mountain Zipline Passes, Cody Cave Passes, Local E-Gift Certificates for local stores & restaurants, Hume Hotel Aura Spa Treatment, Play and Stay - Balfour & Granite Golf Courses, Staycation Packages - Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort and the Prestige Lakeside Resort.
Registration opens August 4, 2021, and closes October 27, 2021 at Midnight PST.
How It Works
All residents in the Nelson Local Health Area who have had at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine can enter to win one of the prizes.
You are limited to one entry and must be able to provide proof you have received an approved COVID-19 vaccine dose to win. To enter, you must complete the questions in this survey.
There will be 12 chances to win, with the first draw on August 12th, 2021, and one draw per week until October 28, 2021.
Map of the Nelson Local Health Area
ENTER NOW FOR YOUR SHOT TO WIN!
Not vaccinated yet? Book your vax today so you can start to relax and enter to win.
- The 2021 Vax and Relax Contest is open from August 4th, 2021, until October 27th, Midnight PST.
How To Enter
- Complete the entry form available here. Limit of one entry per person.
- Whitewater Season Ski Pass, Kokanee Mountain Zipline Passes, Cody Cave Passes, Local E-Gift Certificates for local stores & restaurants, Hume Hotel Aura Spa Treatment, Play and Stay - Balfour & Granite Golf Courses, Staycation Packages - Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort and the Prestige Lakeside Resort.
- Draws will take place on Thursdays.
The 2021 Vax & Relax Contest is open to all residents in the Nelson Local Health Area, age 18 or older, who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine accepted by BC Health Services, except for the following:
- City of Nelson employees who are directly involved in the design or administration of the 2021 Vax & Relax program, and members of their households.
Procedure for Awarding Prizes
- All valid entries will be eligible for a weekly random draw, using random.org.
- Winners will be notified via email and/or phone, and within 48 hours they must accept the prize or another applicant will be randomly chosen and notified.
- Subsequent to the City of Nelson being contacted by a winner indicating they wish to claim their prize the City of Nelson will commence the process to verify the eligibility of a winner in accordance with the rule of the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest prior to awarding the winner their prize.
- If the winner does not provide the necessary verification records to the City of Nelson within a 5-day claim period, or the winner declines its prize or fails to provide the information required to verify their eligibility, the prize shall be forfeited and the City of Nelson may re-draw the prize.
- Draw dates are subject to change. If draw dates change, or additional draw dates are added, the new dates and registration deadlines will be posted on the website nelson.ca/getvaccinated. The procedure for awarding prizes will remain the same regardless of any change of draw dates.
- The 2021 Vax & Relax Contest is only open to Nelson Local Health Area residents. Winners will have to provide proof of their identity in the form of valid government-issued identification. Winners will also be required to provide proof of their residency which includes valid government-issued identification with their current address, a utility bill in their name, bank statement, or similar record showing a valid address before they are awarded their prize.
- A winner’s proof of residency should match the address provided on the winner`s registration and where any provided proof of residency does not match the address on their registration a winner may be asked to provide further proof of residency in Nelson Health Area, as determined by the Government of BC, prior to receiving their prize.
- Winners of the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest will be required to consent that their submitted proof of identity and proof of residency information can be collected, used, and disclosed, in accordance with BC’s privacy legislation, by the Government of BC and its contest administration contractors for the purpose of verifying a person’s eligibility as a resident of Nelson Health Area in the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest.
- Winners of the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest will have their immunization status verified before they can be awarded their prize. For winners who have received their vaccine doses in BC, their vaccine status will be verified by BC Health and BC Health Services, as applicable. For winners who have received a vaccine dose outside of BC, and have not submitted records of having received this vaccination to BC Health Services as of the draw date of their prize, the winner must provide proof of having received a COVID-19 vaccine to BC Health and BC Health Services for the purpose of determining the winner’s vaccine status and eligibility to be awarded their prize as drawn. The proof required to be submitted by a winner to verify their vaccine status in these circumstances will be determined by the City of Nelson, in their sole discretion.
- No additional health information will be collected, used or disclosed by the City of Nelson, its employees or contractors, for the purposes of the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest without the prior consent of a contest entrant or winner.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- The City of Nelson reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value.
- Refusal to accept the prize releases the City of Nelson from any obligation toward the winner.
- Multiple entries and entries that are submitted or attempt to be submitted by way of any automated program or by an entry method not authorized by these rules shall not be eligible for a prize.
- The City of Nelson reserves the right to amend the contest rules or terminate the contest at any time without liability to any contestant. Any amendments to these rules will be posted on nelson.ca/getvaccinated.
- By entering you agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the City of Nelson as applicable with regard to this contest.
- The City of Nelson assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries into the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest. The City of Nelson is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The City of Nelson is not responsible for any injury or damage to the person registering for the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this 2021 Vax & Relax Contest. Individuals who register for the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest assume liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. The City of Nelson assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the City of Nelson, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this 2021 Vax & Relax Contest and the website used to register for the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest.
- The City of Nelson, for all prizes, may: (a) substitute the above rules as to verification of identity, residency, and vaccine status, and, (b) require the winner to sign a written acknowledgement prior to awarding the applicable prize: (i) confirming the winner’s information on their registration is accurate, (ii) providing consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information and health information for the purpose of verifying vaccination status and, (iii) agreeing that, if the City of Nelson subsequently determines that the winner was not eligible for the prizes awarded, the winner will be required to pay the City of Nelson the cash value of the awarded prize, as well as any costs of recovery, and that the City of Nelson may pursue any other remedies allowed by law.
Information Collection Notice:
Personal information provided by a person registering in the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest is collected in accordance with Section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) and will be protected under Section 30 of FOIPPA.
By participating in the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest, you agree to the following:
(i) That you grant to the City of Nelson the right to use your information provided when you enter the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest (the "Personal Information") for the purpose of administering the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest, including but not limited determining your eligibility to a prize, contacting and announcing if you win a prize and coordinating the provision of a 2021 Vax & Relax Contest prize; and
(ii) You grant to the City of Nelson the right to use your Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the 2021 Vax & Relax Contest in any and all media without further compensation; and
(iii) Acknowledge that the City of Nelson may disclose your Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Government of British Columbia in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and/or (ii) above.
Should you have any questions regarding the collection and use of your personal information, please contact the FOI Head at FOI@nelson.ca.
August 12th: Congratulations to Adam Grace who won one night at the Prestige Lakeside Resort and $100 to Port701 Restaurant in Nelson.
August 19th: Congratulations to Bree Prosser who won $350 of Support Local Gift Certificates. Bree chose to support Skin Bliss & Medi Spa in Nelson.
August 26th: Congratulations to Justin Cunningham who won two Kokanee Zipline passes, a $50 gas card and a $50 grocery card.
September 2nd Congratulations to Brynn Belland who was a lucky winner of a WH20 Season Pass!
September 2nd Congratulations to Ashley Elliott who won $350 worth of gift cards from Home Hardware and Main Street Diner in Nelson.
September 9th Congratulations to Geoff Sawatzky who won a WH20 Season Pass! Way to go!
September 16th Congratulations to Rick Gostlin and Zoe Trevinson who both won a staycation at Ainsworth Hot Springs. (Rick in photo below.)
September 23rd Congratulations to Janet Mushumanski who won a staycation in Nelson at the Adventure Hotel, with golf at Granite Pointe and dinner at Finley's Bar & Grill.
October 7th Congratulations to Alyssa Hermanson who won a $350 gift card for the Hume Hotel.