On-Bill Financing Program
On-bill financing is a low-interest loan for home energy upgrades or electric bicycles. The loan is repaid on your Nelson Hydro electric bill. To qualify for an E-Bike or Energy Retrofit loan through your Nelson Hydro bill, the Loan Applicant must:
Loans up to a maximum of $8,000.00 per household are available for an E-Bike. Loans up to a maximum of $16,000 per household are available for Energy Retrofits. Please read the Loan Terms & Conditions.
For Nelson Hydro customers who reside outside city limits, please contact the EcoSave Program Manager for low-interest financing information that is available through our program partner at the Nelson & District Credit Union.
- What is on-bill financing?
- Who can apply for on-bill financing?
- What are the loan details?
- What type(s) of retrofits can be financed?
- Is it mandatory to apply for on-bill financing as a Participant in the EcoSave program?
- What happens if the house sells before the on-bill financing loan is paid off?
- Can the loan be paid in part or whole before the end of the term?
- Who pays the contractor?
- Can the Participant complete the work?
- Can both a contractor and a Participant complete the work?
- Can there be more than one contractor?
- How is the credit approval determined?
- What happens if there is a default on the loan?
- Is there a time limit on completing the retrofits in order to qualify for on-bill financing?
- Do I have to complete a home energy evaluation in order to apply for on-bill financing?
- How do I apply?