City of Nelson Campground
The office hours are Mon-Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation or call 250-352-7618
The City of Nelson continues to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak closely and follow the direction and advice set out by the PHO and the Ministry of Health.
Safety is and will continue to be our number one priority. We have been working hard on implementing a new set of safety standards for all of our guests and staff. We have made changes to our operations in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Some changes we have made include:
- Debit & Credit are the only forms of payment we will be taking.
- Contact-free registration at check-in and check-out.
- Guests will sign waivers to follow the Public Health Order guidelines, or, risk removal from the campground if there is a violation.
- Bathrooms will remain open with cleaning and sanitation completed three times a day.
- Guests are responsible for their garbage disposal in our common dumpster.
The Nelson City Campground offers visitors access to a forested, natural environment in an urban setting. Located on High Street, just east of downtown Nelson, the campground is centrally located and within walking distance to shopping, parks, and the beach.
The campground operates from May 1st - October 15th. Shared laundry, all-weather cooking facilities, and tourist information are available on-site. The campground offers 7 full-service sites; 20 sites with electrical hookup; 20 tent sites; and 4 sites for RV units up to 40 feet in length.
*NEW - Wi-Fi available to all sites. Stream all you want from the comfort of your site.
To reserve a spot or check for availability email email@example.com
We will need the following information to make a reservation:
- The number of people in your party
- The names of all your party members, particularly if you are arriving separately
- A phone number by which we can reach the party lead
- The date of arrival and departure
- A description of your tent, trailer, motor home, van (so we can select an appropriate site)
- Full payment is required at the time of booking
- Prior to 48 hours: written cancellation is required; full refund
- Within 48 hours: written cancellation is required; one-night camping fee (as per the site reserved) will be charged
- If no written cancellation is received before the time of arrival date there is no refund given
Note: Shaw Go Wi-Fi is available in the campground and other public areas around Nelson. Find more information on Shaw Go Wi-Fi Guest Access.