NOTICE TO PUBLIC - RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE
All garbage must be in garbage bags no larger than 26-by-38 inches (66-by-97 centimetres) or they will not be removed.
Guidelines for household garbage are as follows.
Garbage bags must:
- Be tagged with a garbage tag that is easily visible.
- Be out by 7:00 am on the designated day of the week, but no earlier than 5:00 am.
- NOT include garden clippings or construction material.
- Be less than 20 kilograms (44 pounds)
The City will permit containers to be used in the following manner:
- Garbage bags will be lifted out of a garbage can by a City employee and placed into the truck
- Garbage cans will not be lifted by City employees
- Garbage bags that are not easily removed from cans, will be left in the can
- Garbage bags must be the correct size or will be left in the can
- Garbage bags must be the correct weight or will be left in the can
- All garbage bags must have a tag. Untagged bags will be left in the can
Garbage tags are available in sheets of 10 tags for $17.50.
Tags can be purchased at:
- KTK Rosemont Market
- Nelson Pharmasave
- Real Canadian Wholesale Club
- Wings Grocery
- Hipperson Home Hardware
- Nelson Home Building Centre
- Ellison’s Market
- Kootenay Co-op
- City Hall at 310 Ward St.